Why Join DIFM?
Who We Are
Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM) is a specialty practice group of nutrition practitioners whose core philosophy centers around a holistic, personalized approach to health and healing. Our members integrate a variety of nutrition therapies including whole foods, tailored supplements and mind-body modalities in clinical practice.
Why Join Our Practice Group?
21st-century nutrition practice demands forward-thinking professionals with a wide range of skills in systems biology, nutritional genomics, sustainable food systems, and dietary supplements who utilize a broad range of holistic modalities to provide personalized nutrition care. Integrative Nutrition RDs recognize that each person has their own genetic, biochemical, environmental, and lifestyle influences that uniquely impact health and healing. To survive and thrive in this evolving health care environment, DIFM will support you in expanding your knowledge and skills in integrative and functional nutrition therapy through education, advocacy, and networking.
- Free annual subscription to the Natural Medicines Database, a comprehensive, trusted source for evidence-based research on dietary supplements
- Quality Integrative Nutrition RD newsletter, The Integrative RDN, is published three times a year: one print issue in the fall and three electronic versions archived on the website. Two free CPE articles each year and full access to archived issues.
- Webinars and discounts on continuing education opportunities and materials
- Intellectual debate and progressive information are available through the DIFM members-only Discussion Groups
- Active student forum and student participation in all DIFM events and activities
- Connection with other DIFM members through our “Member Search” database
- Social media groups including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Invitation to apply for educational stipends, conference speaker and attendance stipends, diversity stipend
- Invitation to apply for two awards – DIFM Excellence in Service Award and DIFM Excellence in Practice Awards, Outstanding Student and Lifetime Achievement and Visionary Award.
- Membership of over 4000 members
Networking Relationships with state-of-the-art professional organizations offer excellent network programs and services.
Our Networks include:
- American Botanical Council
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- The Center for Mind-Body Medicine
- The Institute for Functional Medicine
- International Society of Nutrigenetics/Nutrigenomics
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Departments of Integrative Medicine and Dietetics and Nutrition
FREE digital subscriptions to three integrative health journals for DIFM Members
- IMCJ Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal
- ATHM Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Advances in Mind-Body Medicine
- Professional Membership — $40
- Student Membership — $20
DIFM Newsletter: The Integrative RDN
The Integrative RDN, DIFM's newsletter, is designed to improve and build upon your understanding of integrative and functional nutrition therapies.
- Content-rich articles with CPE opportunities
- Timely information on cutting-edge topics
- Clinical practice pearls
- Translation of research into practice
- Frequently asked questions about functional and integrative nutrition therapies.
- Download Sample Newsletter HERE
DIFM Member Events
- Business meetings, continuing education events, and other activities
- Webinars offered throughout the year on a variety of hot topics in integrative and functional medicine
- Symposium and Member Reception at the Food and Nutrition Conference
- Mini Meetups in various states
Academy Voice and Advocacy
- DIFM Representation in the Academy House of Delegates
- Authoring and/or reviewing JAND position articles
- Participation in the Academy’s Council on Future Practice